Consistently ranked among the top programs in the US, the CMS department is unique multidisciplinary environment with faculty and students that are active in many areas of Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Communication & Networks, and Control & Systems. The department is engaged in a broad range of interdisciplinary initiatives: our research projects frequently involve connections with other disciplines such as Applied Physics, Bioengineering, Biology, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geology and Planetary Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, and Physics. The department currently has around 20 core-faculty and is in the midst of a period of sustained growth.
- The application deadline for the open Faculty Position in the Engineering and Applied Science Division has passed, and new applications are no longer being accepted. Final decisions on interviews are expected by mid-late March.
CMS runs an active, interdisciplinary postdoctoral program which typically has upwards of 20 postdoctoral scholars in any given year. These postdoctoral scholars are sponsored by individual faculty and research groups as well as through cross-cutting centers such as the Center for the Mathematics of Information (CMI), the Center for Social Information Sciences (CSIS), the Institute for Quantum Information and Matter (IQIM), Resnick Institute, and the Molecular Programming Project. This year, the following postdoc programs will be accepting applications. Many of these programs will recruit multiple postdoctoral scholars.
- Postdoctoral Scholar in Artificial Intelligence and Public Policy (Caltech's Center for Science, Society, and Public Policy)
- Perona Vision lab - Salmon Project
- The von Karman Postdoctoral Instructorship Program in Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Computing, Data, and Society Fellows (CDSF)
- The Center for the Mathematics of Information (CMI) Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Computational Mathematics + X
- The DOLCIT Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- IQIM Postdoctoral Scholars
- Linde Postdoctoral Fellowships in Economics and Computation
- Resnick Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sustainability Science
Caltech actively participates in the AGEP program and students are encouraged to submit an application to AGEP in addition to applying through the Caltech programs. Please note your application to AGEP in your Caltech application if appropriate.
Campus-wide employment opportunities for staff positions are listed on the Human Resources website.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.