We're thrilled to introduce the first EAS AI Bootcamp, scheduled from October 16th to 20th. Designed for Caltech graduate students and researchers, this bootcamp aims to accelerate your research productivity through the practical application of machine learning (ML).
What to Expect:
- Daily Structure: Two lectures and two hands-on sessions each day.
- Topics Covered: AI fundamentals like regression, classification, clustering, embeddings,
- and neural network.
- Objective: Equip you with the skills to integrate ML tools into your research and to
- explore more advanced ML techniques independently.
How to Join:
- Availability: Limited to 16 participants.
- Registration: Sign up here and complete the pre-screening Python Programming Quiz. Please note that your enrollment won’t be complete until you have taken the quiz and have received a confirmation email from the bootcamp organizers.
- Contacts: Melissa Hill, Reza Sadri
- Deadline for registration: October 10, 2023
To maximize your learning experience, familiarity with the following is required:
- Multivariable Calculus: Partial derivatives, integration, limits, and continuity.
- Probability Theory: Random variables, statistical measures, probability distributions, and
- Bayesian inference.
- Python Programming: Basic syntax and libraries.
- After registering and passing the quiz, please share your research interests and challenges via email to help us tailor the bootcamp to your needs. This will also help us
- Project Opportunity: You can work on a specific project during the bootcamp to apply what you've learned and receive instructor feedback.
If you wish to use your own project data, please schedule an office hour with our team before October 10th to ensure its suitability for the bootcamp.