Kerry Vahala, Ted and Ginger Jenkins Professor of Information Science and Technology and Professor of Applied Physics, has been awarded the Humboldt Research Award in recognition of lifetime achievements in research.
- January 19, 2022 12:00 PM CMX Lunch Seminar Speaker: Alexandria Volkening Online Event
- January 19, 2022 4:00 PM Rocket Fund Graduate Student/Postdoc Information Session Speaker: Andrea Choe, MD, PhD Speaker: Cody Finke Online Event
- January 20, 2022 11:00 AM Mechanical and Civil Engineering Seminar Speaker: Neda Maghsoodi, Ph.D. Gates-Thomas 135
- January 21, 2022 1:00 PM CMX Student/Postdoc Seminar Speaker: Daniel Zhengyu Huang Online Event
- January 24, 2022 4:00 PM H.B. Keller Colloquium Speaker: Yannis Kevrekidis Online Event
- More Events »
A day-long event focused on providing startups and companies with a chance for meaningful interactions with undergraduate and graduate students, providing students with an opportunity to find out more about the breadth of applications for computing and mathematical sciences across industries.
Carver Mead New Adventures Fund
The afternoon featured technical talks from Carver Mead New Adventures Fund recipients, alumni, and Carver Mead himself! Since 2014, this Fund has championed exceptional projects in their earliest stage of development – too early to attract industry or government support. This characteristic embodies Carver’s approaches and practices, with a continued goal to expand Carver’s daring approach to research and innovation throughout the Caltech campus. We highlighted some of the adventurous research that has been explored by grants made possible by this initiative with you.
IST Meeting of the Minds
A day-long research conference featuring talks, laboratory open houses, and poster presentations by distinguished faculty, graduate students, undergraduates, and researchers from JPL showcasing the latest and most exciting work that is underway in CMS.
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.