Caltech CMS Techfest
Partner Company Booth Guidelines and Registration
Booth registration is now closed. Partner companies who did not reserve a booth are welcome to send representatives to attend the event! No registration is needed just to attend. We hope to see you there!
Booth and Swag Guidelines
Note: A message containing a rundown of event logistics, including the guidelines below, was sent via email to all company registration contacts on Friday, October 6, 2017.
For each company booth, we will provide the following.
A booth footprint that is roughly 10 feet wide, containing:
- One 6' banquet table, covered with a solid black floor-length tablecloth (company representatives are welcome to trade the tablecloth out for a custom one as desired)
- 2 chairs
- Sun/rain cover for the booth via a large market umbrella or canopy (with 8' clearance under the umbrella or canopy)
- Power via a surge protector, on an as-needed basis. We will contact all registrants directly to assess power needs.
All fixtures for each company’s presentation must remain inside this footprint, including banners, backdrops, etc. We request that large monitors/displays are placed on the table directly versus using a separate stand.
Representatives are welcome to display/distribute company swag from their booths, along with flyers/brochures/business cards! We expect 200+ attendees, so this is a great opportunity for visibility.
Representatives can bring swag with them on the day of the event, and we will also accept shipments ahead of time. Shipments will be distributed to each company booth in advance of the representatives' arrival on October 16.
All swag shipments must arrive at the address below no later than Monday, October 9, 2017.
Please ship all swag to:
CMS Partners Program
Mail Code 305-16
Pasadena, CA 91125
We request that representatives have their booths ready for display by 12:30pm to ensure a prompt start to the Demo Fair.
We will have all assigned booths ready for setup starting at 11:00am to allow company representatives time to arrive on-site, unload, park, and arrange their booths.
Unloading and Parking:
Avery Circle, located on Holliston Avenue just East of the Demo Fair venue, will be the Loading Zone for the event. Parking in the Circle is for loading/unloading only; vehicles must otherwise park in a commuter (unmarked) space in one of Caltech's lots or structures.
Please refer to this annotated map for the location of the Techfest loading zone, as well as parking options once unloading is complete.
Company Booth Check-in:
We ask that all Company Booth representatives check in with us upon arrival at the Check-in Table located on the southwest end of the Demo Fair layout, viewable here.
We will have preprinted name badges for representatives whose names we received in advance, and will have blank name badges available as well.
The layout for the Demo Fair, with booth assignments, is viewable here.
Please note that booth assignments are subject to change. The listing will be updated online as needed. We will have staff on-hand during the setup window to assist representatives in locating their booths.
Details available on the web here.
Company and Individual CMS Partner participants will have access to the Caltech Visitor network while on-campus.Caltech Visitor Features:
- Unencrypted guest network
- 1.5 mbps
- Reauthentication required every 48 hours
- Access to web and email
If you have a mobile phone that can receive a text message:
- Open WiFi Settings and select Caltech Visitor
- Open a web browser and go to www.caltech.edu
- Enter your name, email address, and mobile number with a leading "1" when prompted
- Go to your phone's text messages to retrieve your password
- Go back to the web browser to enter your password
- Your device will connect to Caltech Visitor
If you do not have a mobile phone that can receive a text message:
- Visit the Help Desk located in Room 204, Central Engineering Services (building 85)
- Provide identification (driver’s license or passport) to receive a password
- On your device, open WiFi Settings and select Caltech Visitor
- Open a web browser and go to www.caltech.edu
- Click on "Already have an account? Sign in" at the top
- Enter the username and password issued to you by the Help Desk
- Your device will connect to Caltech Open
CMS Staff will be present on Moore Walk during the setup window to assist in locating booth assignments, as well as during the event and breakdown to answer any questions.
Please note that we cannot provide staffing to guard electronics and other equipment brought in by representatives for company booths. We are not liable for damages or loss associated with electronics or equipment left unattended. Please plan to station at least one representative at your booth at all times for the duration of the Demo Fair if this is a concern.
The Loading Zone will reopen at 3:00pm for reloading of equipment following the Demo Fair.
If you need to ship materials from Caltech following the event:
- Please bring completed return shipping slips, with your account information, for all of your packages. We recommend using FedEx or UPS.
- Sealed and properly addressed packages will be shipped by Caltech’s Shipping & Receiving staff following the event.
- We recommend that you also bring other packing supplies, such as tape, scissors, markers, etc.
- CMS Staff will not be responsible for packing any company materials, and we are not liable for the cost of shipping.
Please contact us at cmspartners-infocaltech.edu.
We look forward to seeing you at Techfest!