Joe Zadeh is vice president of product for Airbnb. At Caltech, he pursued graduate work in bioengineering, designing biomolecules and created algorithms for self-assembling nucleic-acid structures. Addressing other alumni he states, “Caltech gave you a degree in a field, but it also taught you how to think. What you’re doing is trying to [take] something nebulous and make it concrete. In some ways, that’s what start-ups do. Actually a lot of start-ups don’t look a lot different structurally from most research labs at Caltech.” [Techer story]
- July 27, 2017 8:00 AM Innovation Speaker Series Talk Speaker: Jorge Moreno Cahill, Hameetman Auditorium
- July 27, 2017 8:45 AM Innovation Speaker Series Talk Speaker: Talulah Riley Cahill, Hameetman Auditorium
- August 3, 2017 8:00 AM Innovation Speaker Series Talk Speaker: Jessica Watkins Cahill, Hameetman Auditorium
- August 3, 2017 8:45 AM Innovation Speaker Series Talk Speaker: Jessie Christiansen Cahill, Hameetman Auditorium
- October 2, 2017 8:30 AM The Resnick Young Investigators Symposium Ramo Auditorium
- More Events »
Meeting of the Minds
A day-long research conference featuring talks, laboratory open houses, and poster presentations by distinguished faculty, advanced graduate students, undergraduates, and researchers from JPL showcasing the latest and most exciting work that is underway in CMS
Frontiers in Computing + Mathematical Sciences
January 30, 2017 & February 27, 2017
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.