Mathematics and Computer Science student Ching-Yun (Chloe) Hsu, mentored by Professors Chris Umans and Rupert Frank, is a recipient of the 2017 Henry Ford II Scholar Award. She is researching generalized Fourier transform on groups, and will be working on a geometric modeling project. In the past, she has studied the prism manifold realization problem and the k-SUM problem. The Henry Ford II Scholar Award is funded under an endowment provided by the Ford Motor Company Fund. The award is made annually to engineering students with the best academic record at the end of the third year of undergraduate study.
- September 16, 2017 8:40 AM Anatol Roshko Memorial Symposium Ramo Auditorium
- September 19, 2017 4:00 PM Resnick Distinguished Lecture by Professor Zeev Gross, Schulich Faculty of Chemistry at Technion – Israel Institute of Technology Noyes 153 (J. Holmes Sturdivant Lecture Hall)
- October 2, 2017 9:30 AM The Resnick Young Investigators Symposium Ramo Auditorium
- October 4, 2017 4:00 PM Finance Seminar: Bernard Herskovic, UCLA Speaker: Bernard Herskovic Baxter B125
- November 2, 2017 4:00 PM Finance Seminar: Terrance Odean, UC Berkeley Speaker: Terrance Odean Baxter B125
- More Events »
Meeting of the Minds
A day-long research conference featuring talks, laboratory open houses, and poster presentations by distinguished faculty, advanced graduate students, undergraduates, and researchers from JPL showcasing the latest and most exciting work that is underway in CMS
Frontiers in Computing + Mathematical Sciences
January 30, 2017 & February 27, 2017
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.