Lior S. Pachter, Bren Professor of Computational Biology, applies computational methods to biology problems. He has interests in both the development of computational methods and in answering specific biology questions, primarily related to the function of RNA, a molecule central to the function of cells. [Caltech story]
- September 16, 2017 8:40 AM Anatol Roshko Memorial Symposium Ramo Auditorium
- September 19, 2017 4:00 PM Resnick Distinguished Lecture by Professor Zeev Gross, Schulich Faculty of Chemistry at Technion – Israel Institute of Technology Noyes 153 (J. Holmes Sturdivant Lecture Hall)
- October 2, 2017 9:30 AM The Resnick Young Investigators Symposium Ramo Auditorium
- October 4, 2017 4:00 PM Finance Seminar: Bernard Herskovic, UCLA Speaker: Bernard Herskovic Baxter B125
- November 2, 2017 4:00 PM Finance Seminar: Terrance Odean, UC Berkeley Speaker: Terrance Odean Baxter B125
- More Events »
Meeting of the Minds
A day-long research conference featuring talks, laboratory open houses, and poster presentations by distinguished faculty, advanced graduate students, undergraduates, and researchers from JPL showcasing the latest and most exciting work that is underway in CMS
Frontiers in Computing + Mathematical Sciences
January 30, 2017 & February 27, 2017
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.