Thomas Vidick, Assistant Professor of Computing and Mathematical Sciences, has been awarded the National Science Foundation's (NSF) Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award for his 5-year project, “Interactions with Untrusted Quantum Devices”. The CAREER program is NSF's most prestigious awards for junior faculty members. The level and 5-year duration of the awards are designed to enable awardees to develop careers as outstanding teacher-scholars. Awardees are chosen because they exemplify the role of teacher-scholars through outstanding research, excellent education and the integration of education and research within the context of the mission of their organizations.
- July 1, 2019 12:00 PM Smart Grid Seminar Speaker: Changhong Zhao, PhD Annenberg 213
- July 2, 2019 12:00 PM Landing a Faculty Position 2019 - EAS-PMA Cahill, Hameetman Auditorium
- July 10, 2019 2:00 PM Electrical Engineering Seminar Speaker: Peter Mc Mahon Moore B280
- July 21, 2019 5:00 PM Eighth International School for Materials for Energy and Sustainability Noyes 153 (J. Holmes Sturdivant Lecture Hall)
- July 29, 2019 3:00 PM IQIM Postdoctoral and Graduate Student Seminar Speaker: Wei Chen East Bridge 114
- More Events »
IST Meeting of the Minds
A day-long research conference featuring talks, laboratory open houses, and poster presentations by distinguished faculty, graduate students, undergraduates, and researchers from JPL showcasing the latest and most exciting work that is underway in CMS.
A day-long event focused on providing startups and companies with a chance for meaningful interactions with undergraduate and graduate students, providing students with an opportunity to find out more about the breadth of applications for computing and mathematical sciences across industries.
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.