Building on six years of record-breaking developments, an international team of physicists, computer scientists, and network engineers led by Caltech joined forces to set new records for sustained data transfer among storage systems during the SuperComputing 2007 (SC07) conference. By combining FDT with FAST TCP, developed by Professor Steven Low, together with an optimized Linux kernel known as the "UltraLight kernel," the team reached an unprecedented throughput level of 10 gigabytes/sec with a single rack of servers, limited only by the speed of the disk systems. [Caltech Press Release]
- May 24, 2019 10:00 AM PhD Thesis Defense Speaker: Aubrey Shapero Moore 239
- May 24, 2019 12:00 PM Social and Information Sciences Laboratory (SISL) Seminar Speaker: Laura Doval Baxter 127
- May 24, 2019 12:00 PM IQIM Postdoctoral and Graduate Student Seminar Speaker: Hakan E. Tureci East Bridge 114
- May 28, 2019 12:00 PM Special Seminar in Computing and Mathematical Sciences Speaker: Aviad Levis Annenberg 105
- May 28, 2019 12:00 PM IST Lunch Bunch Speaker: Aviad Levis Speaker: Annenberg 105
- More Events »
A day-long event focused on providing startups and companies with a chance for meaningful interactions with undergraduate and graduate students, providing students with an opportunity to find out more about the breadth of applications for computing and mathematical sciences across industries.
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.