Fernando Brandao, Bren Professor of Theoretical Physics, and colleagues are developing quantum algorithms for optimization problems. "We are still far from knowing all the applications of quantum computing, and that's part of the excitement—there are possibilities we haven't even dreamed of yet,” says Professor Brandao. [Caltech story]
- November 27, 2017 10:00 AM Thesis Defense: Yoke Peng Leong Annenberg 106
- November 27, 2017 4:00 PM CNS Seminar Speaker: Dr. Rui Costa Beckman Behavioral Biology B180
- November 27, 2017 4:00 PM Keller Colloquium in Computing and Mathematical Sciences Speaker: Assistant Professor Nikhil Srivastava Annenberg 105
- November 28, 2017 12:00 PM IST LUNCH BUNCH Speaker: Alfred Spector Annenberg 105
- November 28, 2017 3:00 PM IQI Weekly Seminar Speaker: David Jennings Annenberg 107
- More Events »
Meeting of the Minds
A day-long research conference featuring talks, laboratory open houses, and poster presentations by distinguished faculty, advanced graduate students, undergraduates, and researchers from JPL showcasing the latest and most exciting work that is underway in CMS
Frontiers in Computing + Mathematical Sciences
January 30, 2017 & February 27, 2017
Alumni College: Caltech Computes
A day-long event that will explore the ways in which computational thinking is disrupting science and engineering, and creating entirely new disciplines with "CS+X".
Ten Years of DNA Origami
A symposium to honor Paul Rothemund’s contribution to the field.
Caltech's premier interdisciplinary hackathon.
One Entangled Evening
A night of science and entertainment celebrating Feynman’s quantum legacy.
CDS 20th Anniversary
Control and Dynamical Systems celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Southern California Symposium on Network Economics and Game Theory.
CS 25th Anniversary
Computer Science celebrated 25 years of innovative, ground-breaking research.